- Contains all essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. This in turn helps preserve beautiful skin – miso contains linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid that helps your skin stay soft and free of pigments.
- Antiviral — Miso is very alkalizing and helps strengthen the immune system helping to combat viral infections.
- Restores beneficial probiotics to the intestines.
- Aids in digestion and assimilation of other foods in the intestines. This happens by stimulating the secretion of digestive fluids in the stomach.
- Helps maintain nutritional balance — full of nutrients beneficial bacteria and enzymes, miso provides protein vitamin B12, vitamin B2, vitamin E, vitamin K, tryptophan, choline, dietary fiber, linoleic acid and lecithin.
- Strengthens the quality of blood and lymph fluid.
- Reduces risk for breast, prostate, lung and colon cancers.
- Protects against radiation due to dipilocolonic acid, an alkaloid that chelates heavy metals and discharges them from the body.
- Strengthens the immune system and helps to lower LDL Cholesterol.
- Anti-Aging — high in antioxidants that protect against free radicals that cause signs of aging. Miso also helps reduce menopausal complaints because the isoflavones in the miso have been shown to reduce hot flashes.
- 1 1/2 cups blessed water
- 1 Tablespoon Miso (Today I used Garlic Red Pepper from South River Miso)
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1/2 medium onion, sauteed in a teaspoon of Garlic Red Pepper Miso & 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash of cayenne
- 1/4 cup miso of your choice (My favorite is South River Miso)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup high quality olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Dash of cayenne to taste (optional)
(This is adapted from the New York Times article Umami Dearest by Mark Bittman)
- 2 Tablespoons Miso of your choice
- 1 cup Veganaise
- 1/4 cup cashews (soaked)
- 1/2 cup blessed water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (I melt in my dehydrator but it can easily be done on the stove top on low heat)
- 1/4 cup light miso (I used South River Miso’s Sweet White)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
Thank you for all of your support!
Hope you are all well and happy! There’s enough for everyone. If you believe it, if you can see it, if you act from it, it will show up for you. That’s the truth. ~Rev. Michael Beckwith