Since I live in Montana, and its cold and snowy outside this time of year, I long for warm beaches and sunny clear skies. But in the mean time I can create my own tropical hideaway in my space by cranking up the heat, practicing yoga and making myself a delicious Greeña Colada!
- Meat of one coconut (I used the fresh coconut water yesterday for a hydrating drink super drink)
- 1 banana (or 4 drops of stevia if you want this to be lower glycemic)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup cashews (or whatever kind of nut you have on hand – almonds, ect..)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk or tea or water
- 1 Tablespoon Premier Greens Mix
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 drop of vitamin D3 serum
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
Pineapple is a great digestive aid because it helps the body break down and digest proteins more efficiently. The enzyme in pineapple that is so amazing is called Bromelain, it is an excellent anti-inflammatory. If you eat 1/2 cup of pineapple a day it is said to provide pain relief by helping to relieve painful joints common to osteoarthritis. In sports medicine, bromelain is used to reduce inflammation and swelling after an injury.
Pineapple is also known to help dissolve blood clots and is an old folk remedy for morning sickness. So go ahead and drink up your Greeña Colada!