We are already into the second week of the New Year and I have some clients that are going to start a juice fast with me starting January 12th. Before a juice fast or if you wanted to to a whole body cleanse, it is important to start letting go of foods and simplify your diet. It is extremely important to prepare for your cleanse in order to have a safe and pleasant experience.
A 3 day cleanse will help you re-boot and give you more energy or prepare you for deeper cleansing like a juice fast. During your three day cleanse abstain from coffee, alcohol, meat, fried foods and white refined sugar and flour (sweets, breads, bagels, pasta, ect.)
During your 3-day cleanse
- Drink plenty of water! Water is the principal chemical component of the body, comprising of about 70% of our body’s weight. It is important that we are all individually unique and require different amounts. A good rule of thumb is to drink half of your body’s weight in ounces of water everyday. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you would drink 75 ounces of water a day. NOTE: tea, juice, and other drinks are NOT substitutes for water! For more information on the healing benefits of water, click here.
- Eat as much live (raw) food as possible … lots of delicious fresh fruits and vegetables!
- Try to avoid beans, cabbage, nuts, broccoli and cauliflower as they may cause gas.
- 16-ounce fresh green juice or Michelle’s super green smoothie
- Fresh Salad with veggie/seed pate
- or Zucchini Rolls or Raw Pasta with Tapenade
Snacks: Only eat snacks when you are truly hungry.
- Fresh Fruit
- Fresh Veggies
- Seed Pate or zucchini hummus
- Sprouted Seeds like sunflower or pumpkin
- Fresh energizing juice or enzyme smoothie
- Herbal Tea
- Veggie broth or Miso soup
- Energy packed Bliss Balls
The main thing is to keep it simple. Don’t over think it. Eat until you are full and then be done. Make sure to drink plenty of water.
In addition to a cleansing diet it is important to incorporate lifestyle practices that will help enhance the cleansing process both physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Meditation/Prayer (this is my favorite)
- Conscious Breathing
- Body Movement like walking, yoga, rebounding
- Skin Care is also important, dry skin brushing, sunlight, infrared sauna
You can do it! Grab a friend and do a 3-day cleanse! It will boost your energy, leaving you feeling great!
Love, peace, bliss,
hello It’s a nice post.
Dry skin brushing is when you have a natural bristle brush that you use especially for your skin. (I have one for my body and one for my face). Dry skin brushing increases the circulation to the skin, it encourages your body’s natural discharge of wastes especially aiding in the drainage of your lymphatic system whose job is to remove toxins from the blood and other vital tissues. Treating your skin to dry skin brushing will help eliminate clogged pores and help skin absorb nutrients while aiding in proper excretion of metabolic wastes. Also your nerve endings in the skin also become stimulated and help rejuvenate your nervous system. So the benefits of skin brushing are more than skin deep. haha. You will also notice that if you dry skin brush on a regular basis your skin will start to glow & possibly reverse signs of aging without the use of expensive products because your skin is getting more valuable nutrients so your skin will be healthy and radiant!