Juice fasting is a way to rest and rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit. With that being said, when the body releases accumulated toxins and clears dead cells, it is sometimes uncomfortable as these toxins are flushed from our body. Here is a list of things that you can do to help the process along so that your concentration can improve, creative thinking will expand, depression will lift, and insomnia seems to stop, your anxiety will fade and peace and tranquility will come over your body.
Symptoms of Detoxification and Helpful Remedies
- Headache. This is caused from dehydration and releasing of toxins. The solution to a headache is to drink water, give yourself an enema or have a colonic, go for a walk, take an infrared sauna, get a massage or jump on a rebounder. Use essential oils of eucalyptus, helichrysum, lavender, roman chamomile, peppermint and spearmint.
- Light-headedness. This is also caused by dehydration and releasing of toxins. The solution to this is to drink water, drink licorice tea, add sole to your juice or water. Use essential oils of peppermint, cypress, basil, lavender, rose, rosemary or tangerine.
- Fatigue. Caused by dehydration and releasing of toxins, it is best to drink water, rest and take an additional enema or colonic. Use essential oils of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, fir, ginger, lemon, lemongrass, peppermint and rosemary.
- Nausea. Releasing of toxins can be very uncomfortable. If you are nausous apply peppermint oil to your tongue, chest and lower abdomen. Drink ginger tea and take a homeopathic remedy called nux vomica. Use essential oils of peppermint, wintergreen, spearmint, ginger, lemon, rosemary, lavender, and chamomile.
- Leg Cramps and Heart Palpitations. This is caused by a mineral deficiency. Take more sole water, crystal or sea salt as well as a magnesium supplement. Use essential oils of eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, lime, orange, basil, marjoram, peppermint, geranium, helichrysum, lavender, melissa and roman chamomile.
- Abdominal Cramps. This is due to a mineral deficiency, releasing of toxins and a vata imbalance. Apply a hot water bottle to the abdomen (you can use your enema bag), tke an infrared sauna, take a sesame oil retention enema, take a magnesium supplement. Use essential oils of, chamomile, calendula, clove and peppermint.
- Cold or Flu Symptoms. Releasing toxins can make us feel like crap. Drink lots of water and ginger tea. Use essential oils of peppermint, eucalyptus, maleluca, juniper, wintergreen and clove.
- Emotional Release. Caused by psycho-emotional detoxification it is very important to get enough vitamin D, sunbathing is the best way to do this but a supplement is also helpful. Lots of rest, journal, writing, write a letter of gratitude, connect with a friend, meditate, zero point, EFT. Use essential oils of hyssop, rosewood, frankincense, spruce, lavender, geranium, sandalwood, neroli, angelica, orange, rose, jasmine, bergamot, lemon, lemongrass, melissa, helichrysm, blue tansy.
Check out these pages on juice fasting: 7 Day Fast, 5 Day Fast and 3 Day Fast.
It is wise to get moderate exercise and drink plenty of water while fasting. Remember to monitor your symptoms and if the symptoms of umbilical pain, diarrhea, vomiting, muscle contractions and gout pain do not go away, please see your juice fasting consultant, physician or nurse.
Fasting opens one up to the experience of Divine Pleasure and immerses you in the light of God which is the Truth of who you are.
~Gabriel Cousens, MD
In love and juice!
That’s quite useful information you have generated. I also writes about juice fasting and I know its really hard to get information. I tried my formulas on my sister and she is super slim now. She is grateful to me. (: Anyway, it was pleasure reading your post. I will be on twitter if you want to check out. 🙂