Tag Archives: vegan desserts
Raw Cacao Brownies
This is for all of my choc-o-holic friends. This is devilishly chocolaty and filled with amazing nutrients and high in anti-oxidants! Chocolate is super good for you!
Research and published studies show that chocolate can:
- Lower your risk of heart disease
- Enhance your immune system
- Fend off diabetes
- Fight cholesterol
- Lower blood pressure
- Enhance blood flow
- Fight fat
- Improve cognitive health
- Slow aging
- Enhance physical energy, stamina and vitality
- Act as a safe and effective aphrodisiac
How can raw cacao do all of these marvelous things for us? Its easy, raw cacao is rich in iron, which assists in the process of respiration as it carries oxygen throughout the body. This helps with circulation, lowering the instances of heart disease, enhancing blood flow, which in turn improves cognitive health, physical energy and helps with stamina and vitality. An iron deficiency creates a low level of oxygen in the blood. This results in people feeling light-headed, tired, weak and interestingly enough an intolerance to cold which is a sign of poor blood flow.
Another great benefit to raw cacao is manganese, it plays an important role in the formation of cartilage, bone and connective tissue. This ability to form and rebuild tissue helps slow the aging process. Awesome!
Raw Cacao Brownies:
1-3/4 cups almonds (ground to a flour in food processor)
1 cup raw cacao
1/2+ cup maple syrup or agave
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
8 drops (not droppers) of Chocolate Stevia for extra sweetness.
Dash of Himalayan salt to taste
Coconut oil (for bottom of brownie pan)
1/2 cup maple syrup or agave or raw honey
1/2 cup raw cacao
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Prepare Frosting: Blend ingredients in food processor until smooth and creamy (if you need to add a little more maple syrup or water to get a smooth consistency).
To Prepare Brownie Base: Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until ingredients start to stick together. You may need to add a little water or a little more almond flour to get the right consistency.
In your 6 x 6 brownie pan, spread coconut oil on the bottom and on the sides to prevent brownies from sticking.
Take brownie “batter” and press it into your pan.
Once you have your brownies pressed nicely into the pan, spread your delicious frosting on top, sprinkle a some coconut flakes on top and serve! This is so delicious by itself you you may have a cup of chai tea with it or even add fresh raspberries or figs.
These brownies are so delicious even your non-vegan friends will love them!
Love, peace and bliss,
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- The Perfect Chocolate Mousse
- ½ cup dates, pitted, soft
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, (optional)
- 1 ½ tablespoons non-alcohol vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups avocado, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup raw carob powder
- 4-6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Soak the dates in 1/2 cup fresh water for 5-10 minutes to soften. Drain soak water and set aside. In a food processor, blend dates, maple syrup, coconut butter (if desired), and vanilla until smooth. Spoon in avocado and blend until smooth. Add a few tablespoons of date soak water if necessary to aid in blending. Spoon in carob and cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
Spoon mousse into parfait or wineglasses. Keeps fresh for several days.
You may also choose to freeze for a decadent ice cream! Yumm!
Simply Divine Chocolate Macaroons