This abundant weed is found almost everywhere & thank goodness it has so many medicinal uses. For example, it helps strengthen the stomach, kidney, spleen, pancreas, intestines, gallbladder, and liver. It does this by improving bile flow and reducing inflammation in cases of hepatitis and cirrhosis.
Dandelions are so magical that they help to dissipate gallstones & by strengthening the kidney as mentioned above it helps with overall health and even clears skin problems.
In fact, Taraxacum officinale, which means the “Official Remedy for Disorders” is the common dandelion.
This little (and maybe somewhat annoying) plant has remarkable nutritional value, being very high in vitamin A & C, with more carotene than carrots and more potassium than broccoli or spinach. Not to mention healthy doses of copper and iron.
Dandelion tea is the perfect tonic for everyone.
If you experience any discomfort with constipation, digestive disorders, indigestion as well as general sluggishness and fatigue, try to add some dandelion into your daily routine.
Just one cup per day will yield noticeable results within a few months.
Tea may also be of benefit for many of the problems associated with diabetes and low blood sugar.
Amazingly, the white sap from the stems or roots can be applied directly to bee stings, sores and is very useful in the elimination of warts, acne, and calluses.
Morgan and I decided to make dandelion tea!
First we gathered 6-8 dandelions a piece.
Then Morgan pulled out the petals.
We put the petals in our bistro, with just over 2 cups of water.
Let it steep for a few minutes.
Add some honey, stevia, xylitol or coconut sugar if you wish!
You could also brew this tea and add it to soups and smoothies.
Use the spicy dandelion greens in juices salads, soups and sautees.
There is no limit to this simple little weed!
By adding this plant to your daily diet or taken as a beverage, you could, depending on the peculiarities of your body chemistry: prevent or cure liver diseases, such as hepatitis or jaundice; act as a tonic and gentle diuretic to purify your blood, cleanse your system, dissolve kidney stones, and otherwise improve gastro-intestinal health; assist in weight reduction; cleanse your skin and eliminate acne; improve your bowel function, working equally well to relieve both constipation and diarrhea; prevent or lower high blood pressure; prevent or cure anemia; lower your serum cholesterol by as much as half; eliminate or drastically reduce acid indigestion and gas buildup by cutting the heaviness of fatty foods; prevent or cure various forms of cancer; prevent or control diabetes mellitus; and, at the same time, have no negative side effects and selectively act on only what ails you.
Wow. All this from a simple weed. Its free, so don’t spray it, enjoy it!
A happy Morgan!
Morgan and I added Healing Honey, from the pristine nature preserves of New Zealand comes a honey so utterly delicious, so beneficial in its health properties, it is classified as a Therapeutic Good in Australia.
Healing Honey with its fully certified, organic Manuka 15+ activity is truly one of nature’s nectars with special immune supporting properties that it alone possesses. No other honey has these special properties. In fact, less than 1% of all manuka honey contains this extremely rare, 15+ activity that is scientifically proven to have immune supporting and protective properties. How wonderful to have a treat like Healing Honey that the whole family can both enjoy and benefit from at the same time! Healing Honey is completely unique because:
- It’s hand-harvested in New Zealand. Our honeybees live in pristine nature preserves, where we meticulously process our Healing Honey exclusively by hand to ensure all of its natural goodness is protected.
- It’s 100% organic and raw. Healing Honey was the first ever certified organic Active 15+ Manuka Honey in the world, and it is raw (never heated), thereby preserving its unique health supporting natural enzymes.
- It’s potent and pure. Healing Honey is scientifically tested and verified to have all of its beneficial active 15+ Manuka factor. We also test each batch to ensure it is absolutely pure by certifying that it’s free of more than 160 chemical residues.
Benefits of Healing Honey
While you delight in its exquisite flavor on toast, in your tea, or straight from the jar, Healing Honey:
- Offers a delicious and healthy substitute for sugary sweets
- Helps enhance your body’s immune response
- Soothes indigestion and other digestive discomforts
- Promotes healthy probiotics in your gastro-intestinal tract
- Contains a number of free radical busting antioxidants that support your health
- Boosts your energy and endurance naturally
- Research shows it can be beneficial and protective for topical burns, wounds, and skin care
- Provides soothing comfort for sore throats and coughs
Let me know if you would like some and I’ll hook you up! 🙂
Absolutely, mildly delicious dandelion tea!
What a sunny way to brighten a rainy spring day!
For those of you who may be coffee drinkers instead of tea drinkers, have no fear! Dandelion coffee is made by grinding roasted roots.
Even though the roots do not contain caffeine, it is healthy without the side effects of coffee.
If you love sweets (as I do) you may choose to grind the root and mix with a little warm almond milk & some honey or stevia. This makes a very nutritious creamy beverage with very few calories.
If you live in the Flathead Valley, please take a minute to check out my juice cleanse
offerings. The next group cleanse is May 17-21st! Sign up today!
Yes, dandelions will be included!
Have a lovely, beautiful, spring!